So I have been thinking for a long time that I need to get out of Wamu bank. And now that Chase had bought us out and I dont know what to expect come December 1st, 2008 (Meaning if I am going to have a job or not the next morning)I thought it was time to start looking for another job. Better to be safe than sorry is what I say. So yesterday I got onto jobing.com and typed in receptionist. I thought this could be a good job for many reasons: 1. I will be buys the whole day with something 2. They usually get paid good money 3. I have a better job securty which than a bank right now because of the economy (I know weird to say that, but really think about it) and 4. It gets me into something new (I have been with the bank for four years now and I really havent gotten anywhere with it.)So anyways....when I typed in Receptionist a company came up that said they were looking for someone to work the position and if you were interested to submit your resume or call them directly. So thats what I did and it was alot easier than I thought. I called them as soon as I saw that and she asked me a couple of questions and the next thing I knew she was asking me when would be a good time to meet for an interview. I told her I was free this Thursday for anytime, so I have an interview for Thursday Oct 23, 2008 at 1pm for a receptionist postion with a company called Renaissance Personal Group Inc. I am really hoping this will work out. Its a part time job from 8am-3pm because that is how late they are opened M-F and starting pay is about $17.00 an hour. That is about $4.00 more than what I am making at WAMU. I will not have to worry about benefits being taken out because I am on Brandon's, so in the end it will just be taxes. I will be making about the same I am making now at the bank in the long run but working less hours. I think it will be good. I have been wanting to finish school because my two year degree is taking me 5 years so it will be nice to get that out of the way. And working less hours I think I can do that.
I am also having mixed emotions about the whole thing as well. I mean I have been with the bank for 4 years. I thought this is what I wanted to do with my life because I have been thinking about going into financing as my major. But I think from the beginning this just hasnt been the job for me. I say this because I started off with the bank as a float teller so I would travel from branch to branch. Well right off the start I had trouble with one of the managers and that just was not good. One year into the banking I was trying to get promoted and that took another year a later to get a position that I wanted and more pay. Anyways from the beginning it hasnt gone well and now its time to go. I think I have stuck around because I love the company and it was really sad to see it fall under and get bought by Chase however I never liked coming to work because of all the problems that I was facing. But I will keep everyone posted on what happens. Hope all is going well with everyone.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
I'm so excited you got this interview, congrats! I'm sure you will do great, we'll keep our fingers crossed for you!
Yeah good luck tomorrow! You will do great, let us know what happens! Utah is only a week away!! Wahooo!!
Good luck! I hope all goes well!
Good Luck! It sounds terrific!
Good Luck!
I hope your interview goes well! Find a job you like going to it makes a big differance in your life. It is no fun dreading work the next day and hating it when you are there that is too much stress. Let us all know how it goes!
Post a Comment