Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, May 29, 2008

MAN ITS HOT!!!!


Well my dear friends I know its been awhile since I have blogged but I have been out of town for the Holiday weekend. So the title of this blog is Man Its Hot and boy is it true. Not only outside in good AZ but in my house. Why you ask? Well our AC went out about a week ago in the house. Lucky me I didnt have to deal with it all that much because I was in Utah for a Family reniuon, but poor Brandon had to deal with the heat for the whole week. I feel bad for him because he sleeps during the day since he works at night, and with it being 90 degrees in the house he does not get to much sleep. Well he couldnt deal with it anymore so he was calling around to AC company to see if we could get someone to come out and look at it. Well he found a company and they came out on Friday afternoon to look at the AC and they saw that we had a leak in the U tube pipes which is where the fluid that makes the house cools from flows through. So because of that we thought they could just fix that area of the leak. Well that was not the case. They told us that they would have to fix the whole unit because they "can't mix match new products with old products." I knew right away that was crap because my unit was only 9 years old. Most AC units can last between 15-20 years. So the guy told us that no one longer makes a pieces for the unit. The guy told us that all companies are now only aloud to make pieces for 13 years or older. Again I knew that was a lie. So we sat down and went through his sales tool just to see what he was going to charge us. Well at the end it came back to be $9000.00 to get a whole new unit. I was like O MY GOSH that cant be right. My inlaws just bought one a year ago and there house is like 1000 more square feet than mine and they paid $4000.00. So I told the guy we would call them back to let them know but we needed to look around.
Well because I have such a wonderful father who knows people because of his work, he gave me a referral for someone. I gave them a call right away and they set an appoitment with us for the next day (which was Wednesday May 28th) to come look at what was going on. We told them the story with the other company and they just started laughing. They said that they were just trying to rip us off because they know alot of people are doing that right now since its summer in AZ. So they took a look and they said they could get the parts ordered within 5 to 7 business days because they had to come out of state, and it would only cost us $1700.00 that is with labor and everything. I was picturing that amount. Yes its still a bit of money but its soooo much better than $9000.00.
Well we thought that we would have to live in the house without AC for another week or so because of the time frame. But today Thursday May 29th I got a phone call from the Brewer company that the parts are in and they can be at my house tomorrow Friday May 30th at 7:30am to get the equipment in and up and running that same day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man I can't believe it is so hot in your house! it was 70 degrees in my house hwen Allston and I got home from the park and I had to turn the AC on and get it back down to 67 degrees. Good luck keeping cool until it's fixed.

Anonymous said...

I meant when not hwen

Bjarnson Family said...

I cant believe you keep your house at 67 that is cold. How much is your bill every month having it that low? We usually keep it at 80 in our place. But its finally fixed and we are so excited.

amber {and co.} said...

Im so glad you finally got that fixed, i cant even imagine how miserable that must have been! as much as i complain about UT its at least still in the low 80's here, you should come back up to enjoy the "cool weather" :)