So last night was probably the best date night I have had in a long time with my husband. I wanted so badly to go to the Mesa Temple Easter Pageant because I havent been in a few years and I know he hasnt been for a long time either. So we decided to go to the opening night show. I told Brandon that I wanted to get their early because it was opening night and it gets filled up pretty fast. So I got home from work changed and then we headed out the door. Before we got to the Temple we stopped at Subway to get some dinner and then we headed to the Temple to eat it there. It was such a beautiful night. We got pretty good seats close to the front which I havent been able to do before but I guess when you are there an hour and half early you can get those seats. Anyways the best part about the night is that it was quite the whole time. I was like ok something is missing and I couldnt really put my finger on it. Then I looked around and I saw a new wall that was blocking the Temple grass from the sidewalk on Main Street. Now those of you that have been to the Pageant before probably remember all the Anti that were there and would cause so much noise that it was hard to get the Spirit going. At least for me it was. Well anyways once I saw that I realize that there were no Anti to be found on the Temple Grounds it was such a great feeling. There was however lots of cops which is not a normal thing but my dad was thinking that it was because of how much we LDS people have been in the news this year and they just wanted to keep an eye out. I can honestly say this is the first year that I have been to the Pageant and had the Spirit hit me so strong. I encourage all of you that havent been in awhile to go this year because you wont have to deal with all the Anti people yelling saying that we are false and that we dont really believe in Jesus Christ.
I wanted to take pics but they didnt allow flash photography but maybe I can drive by again and get pics of the stage and some of the cast before the show starts.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Sounds super fun!! I am excited to go to the Manti pagent this year.
That is awesome Cammie, we have been going for the past 3 years and we love it. I can't wait to go this year...
Sounds like a lot of fun! I wish I could be there!
Post a Comment