Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 8, 2009

PINK EYE

So yesterday morning I guess I was coming down with pink eye. At first I thought it was my contact being put in wrong so I went to see if that was the case. But around noon yesterday it started getting really bad. I ended up taking my contacts out for the rest of the day to see if that would calm it down. But of course that didnt help. So after work yesterday I went home and Brandon told me that I should go to Urgent Care to get some medication. I really wasnt in the mood to do it but he was right because of how fast it can spread from person to person and from eye to eye. So I finally found an Urgent Care around 7:45pm that was opened late. Well long story short I sat in Urgent care for two hours until I was seen. Of course I knew what I had but I had to have a doctor tell me. So I saw the doctor for only 5 mins and that was that. I went to a 24 hr. Walgreens to get my medication filled and as they were telling me how to use the drops he told me that I needed to place 5 drops in my ears 2 times a day. I was like ummm I dont have an ear infection I have an eye infection. So the doctor wrote me out the wrong kind of medication. 45 mins later I was on my way home with the correct medication for my eye and not my ear.
This morning my eye is totally swallowen shut. It hurts so bad and I am trying not to touch it so I am keeping my hands busy with typing. :)
For those of you that have never had pink eye be greatful for that.

6 comments:

Felicia H. said...

i get pink eye a few times a year it sucks so bad! I wrap up a ice pack in a wash cloth and put it on my eye while laying down. Alsto take something like IB profin and it will help the swelling. Feel better.

Bjarnson Family said...

Yea I have been doing that. It feels better now. But its still uncomfortable.

Corynn said...

I hate Pink Eye. It is really easy for contact wearers to get it because we touch our eyes a lot! Good Luck! I too always get it. At least once a year... lame.

paxtonfam said...

Hope you feel better soon. Good thing you have medicine now.

The Luthy Life said...

I hate pink eye and urgent care! When you were there waiting for 2 hours there was probably one other person in the waiting room. I don't know what takes them so dang long. Did you take any pics of your swollen eye? Did you get the nasty eye boogers?

Bjarnson Family said...

No I did not take a pic I didnt even think about it. As for the boogers in the eye yes I had them and it was nasty.